The SMLR Group is committed to ethical practices in all areas of corporate communications. Our team is dedicated to the pursuit of excellence with powerful standards of performance, professionalism, and ethical conduct.
SMLR Group Professional Values
These values are the fundamental beliefs that guide our behaviors and decision-making process:
We serve the public interest by acting as responsible advocates for those we represent. We provide a voice in the marketplace of ideas, facts, and viewpoints to aid informed public debate.
- Protecting and advancing the free flow of accurate and truthful information is essential to serving the public interest and contributing to informed decision making in a democratic society.
- To aid informed decision-making.
- Preserve intellectual property rights in the marketplace.
We adhere to the highest standards of accuracy and truth in advancing the interests of those we represent and in communicating with the public.
- To maintain the integrity of relationships with the media, government officials, and the public.
- Be honest and accurate in all communications.
- Act promptly to correct erroneous communications for which the practitioner is responsible.
- Avoid deceptive practices.
We provide objective counsel to those we represent. We are accountable for our actions. Preserve the integrity of the process of communication.
We are faithful to those we represent, while honoring our obligation to serve the public interest.
We deal fairly with clients, employers, competitors, peers, vendors, the media, and the general public. We respect all opinions and support the right of free expression.